Because we believe that you shouldn't have to provide personal information to participate in the free knowledge movement, you may read or use any English Wiki without registering an account.
This wiki is a personal project of Prof. [Kent Lee], and I currently do not have the time or ability to let others register for accounts with this wiki. I may do so later, mainly for students and colleagues who are collaborating with me in my research projects or other projects related to my work. If I do so, I will require full names and email addresses for such accounts.
If others wish to contribute to this wiki, they can email their contributions to me, Kent Lee, the administrator of this wiki. I reserve the right to review, screen, edit, post, or reject submissions as deemed appropriate. Any contributions become property of the English Wiki, and becom available to the general public under the Creative Commons license Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0.
2 Data collection
This wiki does not collect data from readers directly, except for IP addresses. Data tracking is done through the following methods:
- The HitCounter wiki extension tracks and displays how many hits each page receives, but collects no information about the readers.
- The Google Analytics extension tracks how many hits each page receives, the readers' IP addresses, general location (i.e., from which country the readers are accessing the contents), links that readers follow to and from each page, and the type of browser and operating system that the reader is using.
- The web hosting company, InMotionHosting.com, also tracks how many hits each page receives, the readers' IP addresses, general location (i.e., from which country the readers are accessing the contents), links that readers follow to and from each page, and the type of browser and operating system that the reader is using.
- Google AdSense may collect the same forms of data as Google Analytics, as well as advertisements that you click on, which it uses for paying the wiki administrator based on advertisement clicks. This helps support the wiki by providing its owner/administrator a nominal amount of money.
Otherwise, no personal data is collected or retained by this wiki.
3 Be aware:
- Any content that readers or collaborators add or any change to this wiki will be publicly and permanently available.
- If you add content or make a change to an English Wiki site, that content or change will be publicly and permanently attributed to your username.