Scholarship of teaching and learning
SoTL refers to empirical research on improving teaching methods, teacher training, and education environments at the tertiary level. This overlaps also with the field of professional development for university professors, teachers, and teaching assistants. Several international academic associations and journals are dedicated to this line of work.
- International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (ISSOTL)
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (JoSoTL)
- Active Learning in Higher Education journal
- International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
- Professional & Organizational Development Network in Higher Education
- Center for Teaching & Learning, Korea Univ.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning on Wikipedia
Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)
- POGIL: Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning - cooperative learning for chemistry and other science fields
- Invention activities and other modern methods in teaching biology - CWSEI at Univ. British Columbia